At his passing Georges left a number of unpublished essays behind. Some of them were based on his talks in Auroville at the end of 2011, when he embarked on a second series of lectures on a wide variety of topics related to Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. However, first Cyclone Thane and later his deteriorating health disrupted these lectures.
This book, which contains his unpublished essays as well as some of his articles and interviews that have been published in the magazines Auroville Today, Mother India, and The Advent, and in the book The Journeying Years, is published to honour Georges Van Vrekhem in recognition of his immense work in helping to understand the life and work of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.
From the contents:
- Sri Aurobindo and the Future of Humanity
- The Metamorphoses of an Avatar
- Overman: The Transitional Being
- True Philosophy
- A Matter of Matter
- The Closing of the Western Mind
- The Integration of the four Varnas and the New Dharma
- Aswapati and Sri Aurobindo
- On Occultism
- Preparing for the Miraculous
- The Cradle of the ‘Overman’
- Five Questions on Auroville
- On the Use of Drugs in Auroville
- Lest We Forget
- Churchill’s Mission
The live recordings of these lectures can be heard online in the Audio section.